105: Darren Jacklin: From Dumb and Poor to Smart and Rich
(click to tweet)
One of the biggest things people I work with have a problem with is self-worth. It’s natural to only see your flaws, and value yourself less than everyone around you would value you at.
On this episode of the Have It All podcast we interview a man who struggled with this same problem – Darren Jacklin. His life was a wild ride, like something straight out of a movie.
He was told he was dumb, had a learning disability, and would never amount to anything when he was a child. This is something that he’s carried his whole life.
One day he was at a mastermind and learned how much more people valued him than he did. By shifting his mindset he went from asking to speak for $250 a day to speaking for 100 times that!
Today, Darrin Jacklin World-Class Professional Speaker, Corporate Trainer, Investor.
For over 22 years, Darren Jacklin has traveled 4 continents and personally trained and developed over 1 million people in over 46 countries.
He has mentored entrepreneurs and business owners on specific and measurable strategies. These strategies have then been implemented into businesses to increase income, transform obstacles into cash flow and turn passion into profits.
Darren has an uncanny ability to increase wealth and success by uncovering hidden assets, overlooked opportunities and undervalued possibilities.
His talent has captured the attention of Tiger 21, Family Offices, The Wall Street Journal, Yahoo Finance, NBC TV, CBS TV, Global TV, international radio stations, magazines and newspapers, movie producers, best-selling authors, CEO’s and business experts worldwide.
Darren is featured as an international celebrity in the 2015 movie The Treasure Map.
Darren Jacklin currently sits on paid international boards of directors and advisory boards of public and private companies. He has also personally trained 157 Fortune 500 companies such as Microsoft, AT&T, Black & Decker, Barclays Bank, as well as high school, college, and university students and lastly, professional athletes.
His experience has connected him with people in more than 130 countries. He is also the Co-Founder of Solaris Resort & Estates Ultra-Luxury Private Islands.
We are so fortunate to be joined by him on this podcast today.
Download this episode now and hear how it’s possible to go from rags to riches, even if it seems like the entire world is trying to crush you.
“They’re either going to close you or you’re going to close them. Somebody’s getting closed.” – Darren Jacklin
(click to tweet)
The Cliff Notes:
- Breaking rules in school prepares you for life.
- It’s never too late to start being an entrepreneur.
- Write down 200 reasons why you are good enough, smart enough, and worthy enough (starting bbackward.
- Find ways to get yourself pumped up before meeting with someone.
- Most people hide on social media today, but there’s nothing stronger than face to face meetings.
- Don’t compete, dominate the space.
- Commit to reading ten pages a day of good books.
- When you walk into a room you’re either memorable or forgettable.
- Get good at asking questions and listening 90% of the time.
- Be a problem solver.
- You have to fail more times than you succeed.
- If you’re the dumbest person in the room, you’ll grow the most.
- Don’t make the first offer, let the other person say their budget.
- Things that are a big deal for you may not be anything to other people.
- Failure is not a bad thing.
- These will consistently get better as long as you keep moving forward.
- You know you’re leveling up when you find new problems you don’t know how to solve.
- When you level up, the people around you all level up as well.
- Assets feed you, liabilities will eat you.
- When you get paid, buy assets.
- You need to shift to non-linear thinking and see things that aren’t there yet.
(click to tweet)