164: Creating A Spiritual Pattern Interrupt
The smallest thing can set us off.
Maybe it’s a spouse ignoring our request, or a co-worker not responding to our emotional cues. In these moments, we can feel the tidal waves of anger or frustration come crashing down on us.
Defending against their force is a losing battle, but we try anyways. This attempt creates even more velocity in the rabbit hole of negative thinking, and we find ourselves spiraling out.
That’s why on today’s episode of Personal Development Without The Fluff, we are discussing how we can create a spiritual pattern interrupt that helps in these high-pressure moments. By recognizing and respecting what’s going on in our system—we can tune in to an untapped frequency that will guide us to safety.
Tune in to this conversation to learn how to properly reframe your system during emotional hijacking!
The Cliff Notes:
- Recognize when your bodily sensations are distorting your mind.
- Even when love is present, the system can often have difficulty seeing it.
- On a fundamental level, being in a triggered state feels unsafe.
- During freak-outs, honor your system by telling yourself that everything is going to be OK.
- Reframe when your body gets hijacked as an opportunity of parts yourself to be highlighted.
- Because humans are social creatures, a loss of connection feels very close to death.
- Differentiate between connection and drama masquerading as connection.
- Most people are in-pattern so much that they forget they’re even in-pattern.
- It doesn’t matter how much money you’ve spent on self-development—you’re still a human being.