159: Start Seeing What’s Possible
Many of us are sensitive.
An offhand comment at work from a boss, or a challenging look from a significant other are the things that can often set us off course.
Are these moments actually doing what we say they’re doing? Or—have we just told ourselves that we’re sensitive, and we’re choosing to hold that identity to support the narrative.
On today’s episode of Personal Development Without The Fluff, Guy & Ilan pull back the curtain behind identity. When we attach labels to ourselves, we lock into a mode of thinking, closing off the doors to what’s possible.
Tune in to learn how to bypass this cognitive error we all make!
The Cliff Notes:
- There are 2 types of people: those who emit energy and those who take on energy.
- Uncork your problems by asking what part of me is being triggered right now.
- Be aware of when you’re validating your thoughts by selecting the experiences to remember.
- Don’t be committed to a single outcome.
- Choose to perceive sensitivity as a strength; vulnerability is what drives success.
- Look out for when your actions throw you back into survival patterns.
- All that’s required for resolution is awareness.
- Personality comes from the word “persona” — which means mask.
- Every 7 years, your cells have regenerated to form a completely new being.