148: Voicing Your Greatest Fears with Poppy & Geoff
A relationship can be difficult
Often, we find ourselves sitting on the couch bickering when all we want is to exist in peace and harmony. When the reality doesn’t align with our hopes and wishes, we become frustrated and fall deeper into the wormhole of negativity.
So the question becomes: how do you create a relationship that facilitates the good emotions: happiness, excitement, and motivation.
On today’s episode of Personal Development Without The Fluff, we are joined by Poppy & Geoff to uncover the secrets. Poppy & Geoff’s story is a unique one—at college graduation, they broke off their relationship, only to be reunited 37 years later. They share their insights on the importance of communication and fostering a deeper connection with your partner.
Tune in to this conversation to learn how to reframe your relationship, so you can approach it with a more positive outlook.
You can learn more about Poppy & Geoff here
The Cliff Notes:
- Research shows that tactile tools help you sort thoughts from highly charged emotions.
- Seek out solutions that make you feel better, not just think better thoughts.
- Take the Myers—Briggs to get a personality assessment based on preference.
- Extroversion/introversion is defined as how people get their energy.
- Create an overarching context of: nobody can do anything to you.
- Gunnysacking is when a person stores grievances to share at one time.
- Share your worst fears to open the door to the other person.
- We perceive people will respond in the way we would operate.
- Studies show when your heart rate goes over 100 BPM, you lose your ability to hear.
- Ask your children what they think the consequences of their behavior should be.
We Transform Lives. Period.
Discover our proven strategies for helping people just like you create massive and unexpected transformation in the quality of their every day lives
Plus we're giving you instant access to our podcast's and training sessions FIRST…and three FREE valuable bonuses when you register below:
- Bonus 1: Free Access to our 10-Part Personal Development Mini-Masterclass via our Mobile Application
- Bonus 2: Quick Start Guide: “5 Things You Can Do Every Morning” To Create Inner & Outer Alignment
- Bonus 3: Get private access to our exclusive Facebook™ Group and connect with like-minded growth seekers
We value your privacy and would never spam you