144: Why Ego Is The Enemy with Rabbi Weinstein
We think we know ourselves.
Our internal monologue tells us that our situation makes sense and our actions are justified. But the truth isn’t in the story we tell ourselves.
Rather, it exists somewhere beneath the mind. Call it a soul, heart, spirit, you name it—when we venture beyond the typical avenues of intellectualizing, we transcend the ego by feeling something greater.
That’s why on today’s episode of Personal Development Without The Fluff, we are joined by Rabbi Weinstein to discuss ego. Our relationship with ourselves is constantly flooded with noise in our heads, making it difficult to accurately perceive reality.
Tune in to this conversation to learn how to clear the fog, and more peacefully exist with yourself.
You can learn more about Rabbi Weinstein here
The Cliff Notes:
- Before having a conversation, try to define the terms to get on the same page.
- Ego is defined as anything that is self-oriented.
- Read 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan Peterson.
- Distinguish between ego-less thoughts and feelings, and ego-filled.
- Recognize that the most powerful part of ourselves is beyond the mind or heart, but in faith.
- We only understand how troubling self-orientation is when we meet a challenge.
- Substances are just band-aids to the thing that ego is actually pointing at.
- A big part of self-development work is being realistic about what’s going to be effective.
- To work on your ego, understand what causes your ego to react or come up.
- Read Ryan Holiday’s The Obstacle Is The Way and Ego Is The Enemy
- Reframe your approach by viewing obstacles as opportunities
We Transform Lives. Period.
Discover our proven strategies for helping people just like you create massive and unexpected transformation in the quality of their every day lives
Plus we're giving you instant access to our podcast's and training sessions FIRST…and three FREE valuable bonuses when you register below:
- Bonus 1: Free Access to our 10-Part Personal Development Mini-Masterclass via our Mobile Application
- Bonus 2: Quick Start Guide: “5 Things You Can Do Every Morning” To Create Inner & Outer Alignment
- Bonus 3: Get private access to our exclusive Facebook™ Group and connect with like-minded growth seekers
We value your privacy and would never spam you