135: How To Love Yourself Before Anyone Else with Patrina Wisdom
Loving yourself is easier said than done.
But that’s just a voice in our head giving us a reason to not take the leap. In the complicated world of navigating our inner dialogue, we mask excuses as justifications, and create reasons for not moving forward.
And when it comes to loving ourselves, we often prevent it from happening out of fear of what’s going to happen next. The unknown, while scary, is also what’s exciting and the thing we must move toward.
That’s why on today’s episode of Personal Development Without The Fluff, we are joined by author, speaker, and wealth mentor—Patrina Wisdom—to discuss the often confusing puzzle of love. Patrina is the author of Motherhood’s Not For Punks: A Badass Bodacious Mom's Guide to Self Mastery, Mindful Mothering, and Having it ALL When You Do It All…
Listen to today’s episode to hear Patrina discuss everything from parenting to loving yourself, and how we can choose a priority hierarchy to promote our best life.“There’s a constant battle between knowing what I’m meant to be doing and logic.” - Patrina Wisdom
The Cliff Notes:
- Separate your career from your identity to protect against depression.
- Read Louise Hay’s You Can Heal Your Life.
- Use crowd publishing to as an alternative to traditional publishing.
- Follow your spirit while also allocating brain space for logic.
- Prioritize the relationship with yourself before anything else.
- Learn how to pleasure and love yourself before expecting someone else to be able to.
- Communicate your expectations to your partner, even if it is difficult.
- Break through the conditioning that relationships are built around sacrifice.
- Examine the underlying reasons for why you find yourself overserving.
- Recognize what the living mirror in your child has to say about you.
You can learn more about Patrina Wisdom here